Senior Analyst (Maternity Cover)
60,000 to 70,000
City of London
05-11-2020 10:38 AM
- Seeking ways to improve current processes by leveraging the tools available to identify inefficiencies and implementing automated solutions
- Keeping abreast of industry initiatives and market trends that can impact the business model and/or offer opportunities to improve the processes
- Assume ownership for any operational issues that are raised and provide resolution in a manner that is seamless, regardless of which operational areas are impacted
- Anticipate issues that may adversely affect operational support and take action to reduce the risk of occurrences.
- Leverage diverse perspectives/skills within the organization. Value alternative approaches when applicable to achieving better results.
- Ensure all desk functions are documented in accordance with group procedural guidelines.
- Thoughtfully assess and manage risk. Identify trends/reoccurrences and implement practical solutions to mitigate control weaknesses and inefficiencies. • Leverage operational knowledge to increase efficiency surrounding trade room activities.
- Support broader trade room support initiatives (i.e. Branding, Community Leadership).
- Administer functional training covering area of expertise for current job role while providing broader insight into why functions are performed and how they impact downstream areas.
- Assist with projects and supply technical expertise.
- Primary interface for local broker relationship management Qualifications and Candidate Requirements
- 4-5 years Fixed Income experience.
- Solid working knowledge of Fixed Income’s investment products (Bonds, Futures, Derivatives & Options), strategies, trading systems, and operational support requirements.
- Strong understanding of the trade life cycle from execution to settlement
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate relationships across all staff levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Self-motivation and ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Able to multi-task and absorb information across a broad spectrum of products.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment. •
- Willingness and ability to learn and train others.
- Strong diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Excellent organization, communication and time management skills
- Knowledge of CTM, MarkitWire, DerivServe, Tradeweb, Bloomberg, CS Prime & Neovestwould be advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and completeness
- Embraces and encourages change and development
- Maintains high level of productivity and self-direction
- Enjoys being a part of a team but is able to work independently
- Proactive in solution solving