Fx Investigations Analyst (French Speaking)
To investigate and resolve all Nostro breaks as efficiently and effectively as possible. To establish and maintain relationships with the companies correspondent and agent banks in order to ensure delivery of payments and to resolve any issues within stringent deadlines. Undergo training to multi-skill to the various tasks that are completed on the Investigations Team. An opportunity for someone to work on numerous exotic currencies.
- To process and conclude all Nostro breaks (eg. Beneficiary Claims Non- Receipt, Returns) as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Generation +/or approval of messages in SWIFT Alliance in order to correct or re-effect settlement linked to failed items
- To reconcile that payments released by the company have been executed by our banks and to resolve cases where execution is pending.
- Close interaction with the business (Front Office, Sales and Middle Office) in order to ensure a seamless and quality service to the client.
- To build and maintain relationships with our correspondent banks (in English +/or French, Spanish, Portuguese)
- To initiate return of funds by capturing manual payments in SAA
- To ensure that personal and group email boxes are effectively managed
- To process and manage VIP client and payments.
- To accept and adhere to all written procedures
- To comply with all applicable company, regulatory and internal compliance requirements, including the prevention of Financial Crime and Fraud.
- Ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience within Foreign Exchange operations, or international payments, including time working within the investigations unit
- Extensive payments experience (MT202,103,199,299,210)
- Strong operational knowledge of SWIFT Standards
- Proven record in minimising operational losses and streamlining workflows
Qualifications and Skills
- Fluency in French (essential)
- Educated to A level standard (desirable)
- Strong Microsoft Skills (EXCEL, WORD, VISIO, PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise, organise and multitask
- Determined, focused and enthusiastic
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work accurately in a pressurised environment within stringent deadlines
- Srong team player