FCP Operations Lead
Department: Fund Operations
You will support key areas of our Distribution business management function and will report to the Manager who is responsible for the day to day operational financial crime prevention (‘FCP’) activities, primarily:
- the establishment of the comapnies Financial Crime Risk Assessment (“FCRA”) process for Distributors and Intermediaries.
- the application of the firms’ anti-money laundering policy to operational transfer agency processes which will include oversight of outsourced functions to third party administrators
You will be located in our London office, and will work alongside a number of product, distribution, operations, risk and compliance professionals. You will focus on our Luxembourg, Irish and UK fund ranges. You will have the opportunity to be involved in major corporate projects as well as local operations.
You will be influential in meeting our corporate guiding principle of putting our clients at the heart of everything we do as well as ensuring we meet regulatory responsibilities whilst striving to continually evolve and improve our operational FCP model.
Duties and responsibilities
Distributor Due Diligence
- Carry out the day to day process for issuing and chasing FCRA questionnaires, including an initial roll-out to 900+ third parties
- Assiting with the initial assessment of distributors and intermediaries, and liaising with the Financial Crime team as appropriate.
- Ongoing screening of distributors and intermediaries as appropriate.
- Assisting with the assessment of the distributor/intermediary risk rating and recommendation to upgrade if appropriate.
- Prepare all necessary papers for submitting higher risk distributors / intermediaries for approval by senior management
- Completing FCRA on distributors and intermediaries based on completed questionnaires
Operational Financial Crime Prevention Activities
- Assist with investor screening activities (sanctions, PEPs, adverse media), some of which are outsourced to third party administrators
- Be actively involved in investor due diligence activities, some of which might manifest as re-ID projects led by our third party administrators
- Undertake transaction monitoring activities including reporting and internal escalation
- Assist with the implementation of operational change related to financial crime prevention which could be generated internally, by our third party administrators and also by regulatory / industry change
Technical skills and qualifications
- Good working knowledge of investment funds and products and their distribution
- Good IT skills, including PowerPoint, Excel and database used for analysis and reporting purposes
- Prior knowledge of financial crime (e.g. due diligence, screening, KYC)