Company Secretary Assistant
10-05-2022 03:21 PM
Role: Company Secretary Assistant
Overview of the role:
Overview of the role:
Committee and Board services
- Maintain Board and Committee records including papers, minutes, and written resolutions.
- Coordinate meeting calendars for the Boards and Committees including setting annual schedule of meetings.
- Coordinate induction for Board Directors and ongoing Board training programme.
- Liaise with Non-Executive Directors on administrative matters.
Record keeping and compliance
- Assist with administration of all entities to ensure compliance with the Companies Act and other applicable legislation and regulations.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries, SMCR map of responsibilities, Group legal and corporate governance structure charts and others as applicable.
- Populate the Diligent Entities (formerly Blueprint) database with appropriate data in respect of entities and personnel.
- Perform company secretarial and compliance based tasks as and when required (e.g. conflicts of interest check for directors, annual DBS checks for directors, maintenance of the Company Secretarial intranet pages).
- Under instruction of the Company Secretarial team make Companies House filings and ensure they are within statutory deadlines.
- Assist with certain regulatory filings, as and when required.
- Drafting standard minutes and resolutions e.g. approval of accounts, dividends, director changes.
Governance and shareholders
- Contribute to the year-end process by assisting the Company Secretarial team with drafting/reviewing the corporate governance and directors’ report sections of annual report and financial statements and other reporting, as required.
- Assist with any shareholder related actions and queries.
Share schemes (training will be provided)
- Assist the Company Secretarial team with administration of share schemes including administration of grants, vesting, exercises and sales including processing movement of shares on shareholder register and performing reconciliation of share movements.
- Emotional intelligence and confidence required to deal with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to build good working relationships with the business in an engaging and collaborative manner to add value to and help teams understand and adhere to governance processes.
- Company secretarial experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Companies Act legislation and compliance requirements.
- Diligent entities (formerly Blueprint)/Diligent Boards company secretarial software.
- Attention to detail,well organised and the ability to manage conflicting priorities.