Research Analyst – Retirement Solutions - Multi-Asset Solutions
Salary: Circa £150,000
Overview of the role:
As a senior research analyst the key job responsibilities will be to oversee the day to day portfolio research and implementation of UK retirement solutions working closely with the existing portfolio manager of these services. This will include but not be limited to:
- Ownership of both custom client and product analysis (including membership analysis using our proprietary toolset and the associated investment analysis).
- Ongoing development of our proprietary membership analysis toolset.
- Implementation and oversight of day to day strategic and tactical asset allocation decisions.
- Oversight of third-party managers.
- Provision of local thought leadership both written and verbal.
- Meeting with existing clients and prospects to communicate the investment service.
- Input into the setting and execution of the global retirement research agenda – including producing research that will be utilised by all strategies.
- Effective collaboration with the broader research resources including those that are dedicated to retirement and those that are more broadly available to deliver superior performance to our clients.
- Working with distribution to deliver innovative and commercially successful new retirement solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Relevant professional qualification: CFA, Fellow Institute and Faculty of Actuaries etc.
- Around 10 years of experience in UK and, ideally global retirement markets, working directly with clients.
- Fundamental understanding of investment markets, with a strong knowledge of vehicles/instruments.
- Experience of building investment solutions that combine capital markets outlooks with client understanding to produce multi-asset solutions that meet client needs.
- Proven analytical skills, with deep knowledge of statistics and experience of SQL, Matlab and/or Python preferred.
- Relentless intellectual curiosity and a drive to excel at the highest level.
- Experienced in client communication, both verbal and written.
- A consummate team player who seeks a highly rigorous and collegial environment for their career development.