Custody & Corporate Actions Team Leader
12-05-2022 03:59 PM
Role: Custody & Corporate Actions Team Leader
Overview of the role:
Overview of the role:
- Oversight of custody service offering end-to-end.
- Responsibility for compliance with FCA CASS rules.
- Regular monthly representation at CASS Committee meetings.
- Management and settlement of dematerialised UK and non-UK custody movements.
- Management and settlement of physical securities.
- Oversight and understanding of all corporate actions events and processing.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all placings (primary and secondary).
- Depot movements, including cross-border stock movements.
- Point of contact for client communications and deliver outstanding customer excellence.
- Exception and fails monitoring.
- Daily reconciliation of stock and cash positions, internal and third-party systems.
- Ensure ongoing statementing of client positions.
- SDRT/stamp duty compliance.
- Establish, and input of, related departmental procedures and process flows.
- Liaison with front office / counterparts / other operational areas as required.
- Other operational tasks / duties designated at manager’s discretion.
- Participate in cross-training within operations to improve operational resilience.
- Attend and actively participate in departmental meetings and those across other business areas.
- Abide with internal policies.
- Ensure any administrative tasks within the area are undertaken as required in a timely and efficient manner (e.g. Section 793 requests, proxy voting, completion/understanding of overseas tax forms (1042, W8-Ben-E etc).
- Regular and timely creation, ongoing development and presentation of accurate KPIs for management, highlighting any areas of concern.
- Such other comparable tasks / duties that may be required or requested by your line manager.
- Experience within financial markets in a complex and highly regulated environment.
- Market experience within UK & Ireland, EMEA, North America and Asia an advantage, not essential.
- Good understanding of corporate actions and the importance of timely and accurate processing.
- High level of system knowledge, specifically CREST GUI / Fidessa / Neolink / Torstone Inferno.
- Proven self-working and motivational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Exceptional customer / stakeholder service ethos.
- Excellent clear and concise communication with internal and external stakeholders / counterparts.
- Understanding of departmental procedures.
- Awareness of internal policies.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Able to distinguish and prioritise tasks at hand effectively.
- Efficient time management.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, time-critical and pressurised financial environment.
- Driven, proactive approach towards all duties and tasks.