AML Quality Assurance Analyst
13-06-2022 05:24 PM
Role: AML Quality Assurance Analyst
Overview of the role:
Overview of the role:
- Perform 1st Line monitoring of low risk accounts (including Client Due Diligence and Source of Wealth) at on-boarding within agreed SLA timeframe, to ensure complete, accurate and in line with company policy.
- Identify financial crime risk triggers and carry out investigations via publicly available sources and specialist database.
- Conduct PEP, sanction and adverse media screening.
- Assist in the low risk client Source of Wealth Remediation Project.
- Assist AML Quality Assurance Senior Manager on Periodic Reviews, Trigger Event Reviews and ad hoc tasks.
- Perform 1st Line monitoring of Medium-High risk accounts (including Client Due Diligence and Source of Wealth) at on-boarding within agreed SLA timeframe, to ensure complete, accurate and in line with company policy.
- Assist investment managers when required with SoW and CDD account opening and review requirements, completion of client profiles, risk assessments and information gathering.
- Ensure any complex client structures (e.g. Trusts or offshore corporates) are fully understood as part of the client take-on process as it relates to client due diligence.
- Ensure Medium & High Risk Reviews are being undertaken by Investment Managers within policy deadlines.
- Contribute to Management Information.
- Interact with Compliance to stay abreast of latest regulatory developments relating to Anti-Money Laundering and other forms of financial crime.
- Experience working in 1st Line business as usual or Financial Crime Compliance (particularly AML and CDD) activities in a financial services firm, preferably investment or wealth management.
- Preferably experience using Dow Jones, GB Group and Finscan.
- Preferably experience conducting PEP, sanction and adverse media screening and mitigation of risk.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of the FCA handbook, Money Laundering Regulations and JMLSG guidance.
- A pro-active individual who can self-manage SLA deadlines.
- Preferably a qualification relating to Finance Crime (e.g. ICA certification) &/or a keen interest in Financial Crime Prevention.
- Preferably a law degree or similar.
- Ability to work with people at all levels and across the business.
- Strong MS Office skills.