Derivatives Operations Analyst
20-06-2022 04:25 PM
Role: Derivatives Operations Analyst
Overview of the role:
Overview of the role:
- Oversight of all daily outsourced providers routines to ensure the service levels are as expected e.g. daily c/p recs, clearing reports, collateral movement & cash balance reports, new trades, trade & settlement matching, contract affirmations.
- Work with and build on existing relationships with Custodians, outsource providers and thirdparty investment service providers.
- Conduit for swap valuation queries and collateral disputes raised by Northern Trust from market with ALM.
- Providing Investment Operations team with daily sign off of swaps positions and valuation reports oversight.
- Checking trade blotters match trading activity and front office reconciliation reports, trading systems are to be reconciled against the outsource providers daily reporting.
- Monitor service levels from providers.
- Reviewing monthly MI and attending Quarterly Service Reviews.
- Working with the Investment team and external trading counterparties in relation to swap novations and planning for intraday collateral exchanges for new business.
- Perform daily liquidity management processes.
- Ensuring accurate and timely information is available for the Portfolio Managers.
- Knowledge of fixed income and derivative products used for hedging purposes, particularly gilts, corporate bonds, interest rate, inflation, cross currency, total return and asset swaps along with an understanding of the trade lifecycle (collateral, interest settlements,confirmations).
- An appreciation of legal, regulatory and industry requirements e.g. EMIR, SFTR, Solvency II.
- Ability to learn and develop the operational, technical knowledge and skills to perform the role successfully on an on-going basis within a dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Experience of following business processes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Strong operational experience with at least 3-4 years’ worth of relevant experience working in the finance industry.
- Have a sound understanding of financial asset groups and general operational processes (i.e.Fund Accounting, Settlements and general processes performed by a Custodian).
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to take ownership from investigation through to resolution.
- Strong Excel, including VBA skills.
- Experience of working on change initiatives alongside BAU processes.
- Practical understanding of derivatives valuation, including investigation of valuation discrepancies.